Monday, September 20, 2010

minolta "A" 1955 - 57

I found this beautifully made Minolta "A" rangefinder at my local antique dealer for the fair sum of R110.00(us$14.50 at the time), it's in almost perfect condition, except for a previous owner who left their name and a number engraved in the aluminum body.

The first ever fixed lens rangefinder made by Minolta, it came out with a Rokkor 45mm/f3.5 lens. The shutter speed can be adjusted from 1sec to a 300th by a little wheel on top of the camera. I removed a roll of film from the film bay and replaced it with a new roll of Fuji Superia 200 which I've exposed in the mean time, I will have it developed shortly, watch this space.
Click on an image to view bigger.



Ps. This was posted before on my other blog, but I started this dedicated classic camera blog, thus the repost.

No comments:

Post a Comment